home

Thursday 20 February 2020

Create Dizcover

This month over at Lindy's Stamp Gang the color challenge is
















I created this 10"x10" canvas.
The background is watercolor paper colored with Lindy's Moonlit Mulberry and  Cape Cod Coral.
Distress the edge and ink with vintage photo and ground espresso distress ink.  Then glue watercolor paper onto brown painted canvas.  Dry.




I don't know why but i forgot to take a picture of the completed background.  I drew on a floral branch and leaves, then painted with watercolor paints.  This was very relaxing, turned on some Elementary and painted away great way to spend an evening, should have had a glass of wine with it.  Once I finished painting I applied crackle paste and allow to dry overnight.

Used some empherma in my stash, distress edges and ink.  Then embossed some chipboard pieces using Lindy's embossing enamel Terra Cotta Plum, Midnight Copper, and Golden Angel Wings.
Used some old rub ons on the background, i love creating backgrounds.


 Here is a good shot of the background, I spend most of my time creating a background then cover it it seems to be my process.


Gears and winders are made with Finnabair mould, painted with brown and green paste and once dried spray with Lindy's Van Dyke Sepia.  Adds a little shimmer.









Layer in some tags, used Tim Holtz ribbon sprayed with Lindy's Van Dyke Sepia to color.  I saturated several strands of ribbon differently so there would be color variation in ribbon, finally rip and tear up ribbon.


Lastly add some inspriation chit chat and call it done.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment