Thursday 17 December 2015

Lindy's Stamp Gang- December Challenge

Here is the mood broad from Lindy's Stamp Gang VERY VERY Christmassy.

We actually have an old red truck like this next year if we have snow may need to reproduce this photo for a family pic.

Now i am not a big fan of Christmas red and green so i just used them as accent and made the blue the main focus.

 I have had these tree for 4 years and i thought why the hell not lets us them.  Not sure why i sometimes don't use products, i am saving them but not sure what for.  I cut off the back of the tree so they will lay flat.

 I cut up a flower vine then colored them greener and sparkley with Ponderosa Pines Olive

 I sprayed vanilla flowers with Van Dyke Sepia some i left sepia.

Some others i dusted with red perfect pearls.

I covered the tag, a grunge flourish, and view finder with pattern paper.  I cut out some ephemera elements also from pattern paper.  Distressed edged and inked with walnut distress ink.  The tag i inked with peacock feathers distress ink, then lightly with vintage photo distress ink along edges.

The finished layered tag.  I decided it was too white and clean so i sprayed with Mission Belles Brown then some water to mess it up a little.  It has been a while since i have done a pretty project, most of my layups are usual grungy, more industrial but it was a nice change up.

Sunday 13 December 2015


This month's challenge over at Scrap Your Stash is create a layout and include an item from your stash for each letter in the word D-I-E-C-U-T-S, here is my take

D- Doddling
I- Ink
E- Embossing Enamel
C- Chipboard
U- Uniball Pen
T- Thread
S- Stencil

This was one of those layouts that
wasn't smooth sailing but i think the end result worked out.  I kind of such kept adding, color sprays, chipboard, stencils metal etc...  More more sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.  I really like how the brick turned out I think that is my favorite part.

 I started with a blank sheet of ivory cardstock.  added ink along the edges using distress ink pad.  I rubbed the ink pad right onto the cardstock along the edges spray with water heat to dry.  Add more color I used a combination of the same and different ink- peacock feathers, crushed olive, pistachio.  I kept working until i got what i like.

I inked the edges of the paper with walnut distress ink, next i added flowers with a stencil and red barn door distress ink.

Next i added bricks with vintage distress ink and stencil.  I highlighted the brick by sewing around outline with black floss.  Next i highlighted the flowers on the left by doodling around with a white uniball.

Now i added photos and layered chipboard.  Here is where i had no idea what to do next which normally i would just work on the next day.  But this was a commission and it needed to be finished the next day.  So i carried on, didn't wait for the glue to dry.  I painted with white gesso, then sprayed with a combination of dylusions inks.  Blue, greens and yellows.

I really like how the dylusion sprays blurred they distress ink and blended everything together.  I added rub ons, metal and embossing enamel.  I like how the finished layout looks like a brick building with graffiti.

This is the first time i have done a layout with a word challenge.  I quite enjoyed it.

Sunday 6 December 2015

Scrap the Boys- December Challenge

Here is the challenge sketch, from Scrap the Boys Challenge Blog

And here is my take,
lots of color, chipboard and metal.
Instead of using a large circle large i used blocks of paper to create a rectangle frame, and used 3 smaller photo to make a larger photo clusters, then added the detailing in right hand bottom corner.

A few close ups of my favorite spots,
A. gearworks

B. blocks of inks paper, with doodling and rub ons

C. Chipboard painted, colored with sprays and mica powder, then doodled on top.

I like to start with getting my layout straight, first i pick my elements then start layering.
If you take a picture then you can use it later for reference when its time to glue down.

Next i cut up my pattern paper and layered on top again take a picture

Now, distress and ink ink ink edges, lots and lots of inking

I used combinations of blues, greens, yellows, and brown.  I love the look of mixed media, ink, paint, sprays, mica powders all of it but i Do NOT like the mess.  I go through a lost of paper towels and wipes.

Layout with blocks of paper, added doodling around edges inside and outside.  I love doodling sometimes i worry too much doodling but then i decided NOOOO its all good.

I glued on the chipboard then paint white with gesso.  I also painted it around chipboard.  I dry brushed onto the pattern paper so they are no harsh edges.  Next i sprayed, i put paper towel over the photo first.

Sprayed with dylusions blue, green and yellow.. Next i sprayed with lots of water to blend wiped off the excess.

Added some shimmer onto the chipboard with mica powder rust and cold pink.  You got to blend blend blend, but i still thought it was too metallicly looking so added some more color with dylusions.  Again spray with water and wipe off excess.

Now i thought too dark needed some white, so i tried paint but it wasn't bright enough so i used my white gel pen and drew on the chipboard.

Looking at this now i think i should have stopped here but of course i didn't.

Lots of metal.
Keep calm and scrap on!