home

Sunday 15 September 2019

Country Christmas Cards

So I rarely scrap Christmas (I don't like Christmas Colors) and I rarely (ie never) make cards but i got inspired by Prima's Country Christmas Paper and Alberta countryside.  Here is a set of 8 all which feature farm lifestyle chipboard designed by myself.  Some of the pieces are layered (trucks) to achieve details and dimension.  Enjoy!  Check out The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up challenge.

Classic red hip roof barn.



1956 ford (yes exactly a 1956 ford designed for my husband)



This one is Chev designed for me I love a Chevy but am not as picky about year.




Ironic Alberta Wheat Pool Elevators


Grainers in the field


Mailboxed lined up on the side of a gravel road



I believe this one is another Ford, if a person wanted you could add a small wreath and hang on the hood.



John Deere 60 designed for my dad, the tractor he owed before we moved off the farm.


I start by painting the layers of design, the color is dictated by the section of truck.  I used distress paint I like the colors and it is a thin paint that is opaque and covers completely.


Once paint is completely dry (I like to dry overnight) I sand then ink with distress ink.  The ink settles into the sand portion, highlights the edges and make it look old and worn.


Start to glue layers together.  The pieces are all designed to fit tightly together and show off body lines of vehicle.

Top layer, now the details and body lines are noticable it looks like a complete truck and more realistic.



Here is the complete set of Country Christmas chipboard available on my etsy store BoozyBear

Country Christmas Chipboard $19.95

Merry Christmas All!











1 comment:

  1. How fun are these! That chipboard is great! Thanks so much for joining us at the 12 Months of Christmas Link Up. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete