home

Sunday 4 March 2018

Urban Skyline

So a couple things were my inspiration for this projects
1. Moodboard from Mixed Media Place, love those teals/greens and the sunlight.


2. This art journal page created by Aga Baraniak.com  she also has a video tutorial


And my take, I have been trying to figure what was bothering me about this page but looking at Aga's i have it figured out my skyline is too big.  I will need to try again.

I really wanted to incorporate telephone poles- more of an urban skyline.


I used thin wire to string pole to pole, love how this turned out.  I really love the poles definitely trying this again with a smaller skyline I think it will look way better.  (great english eh?)


The background was created with dictionary paper on water color paper and covered with clear gesso.  I used Lindy's sprays, water and a paintbrush for create the background sky.


Used light modeling paste and skyline stencil to create the city buildings.  Painted with Lindy's and Dylusions sprays, I used a paint brush.
Around the star i painted a little gesso to give them a halo affect like they were glowing.

I painted the poles with black water color paints then highlighted with white water color.

I have created some skyline stencils available for purchase on my etsy store  Boozybear

Toronto Skyline 10" x12" stencil $10.50


Vancouver skyline 10" x 12" stencil $10.50



Skyline 10" x 12" stencil $10.50

6 comments:

  1. how nice Glenda! I'm glad you were inspired by my tutorial. BIG hugs for you. Aga

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great creation! I love all the shades of orange-golden. Thank you for playing with us at Mixed Media Place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time here and I am so happy I discover your blog! Amazing work. I will follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing creation!
    Thank you for playing with us at Mixed Media Place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! I really love this spread! Thank you for joining us at Mixed Media Place challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful and interesting project! Thank you for joining us at MMP challenge!

    ReplyDelete