home

Sunday 21 February 2016

Think PINK!

Does anyone remember Grease 2 and the back to school song the pink ladies part was
"It's the pink ladies pledge to act to cool, too look cool, to be cool.  Til death do us part THINK PINK"  I have been singing this song in my head since i saw the challenge over at 13 arts .  Horrible movie no where near the as good as the first but i don't seem to every forget a song.

So I THINK PINK
 Lots of Texture!!
I started with a blank tag that i layered on with lace, twine, washi tape,
modeling paste with a brick stencil, then some chipboard pieces.  Right now i only have the mini cogs up on my etsy the others are a work in process.  Paint the whole tag with gesso.















Next i sprayed with a combination of Lindy's spray South Shope Sand, Moonlit Mulberry, Kissin Kenickie Coral.  For the dark, purpley pink I mixed water with magical autumn maple crimson and used an eyedropper to apply.















To add more depth i dry brushed all the wonderful texture with black acrylic paint first, then highlight with white acrylic paint.  Really makes the brick pop.  The gears were painted with pink and purple Dana Wakely heavy body paints.  I added some rust mica ingredients along chipboard cluster, and lace.















I layered together butterfly chipboard and mini cogs  sprayed with Lindy's jazzy livin purple, while it was still wet i sprinkled with embossing enamel and heat set.









On top of chipboard cluster added corrugated cardboard, newprint, gauze then butterfly.  I inked all layers with distress ink and painted corrugated cardboard with white acrylic paint.















LOVE tHE BRICK!  You can really see the rust mica by the brick.


















Shimmer shimmer shimmer.





1 comment:

  1. I really like the technique you used for the bricks with black acrylic paint first. I haven't actually tried that yet but I look forward to it! Very nice project.

    ReplyDelete