home

Wednesday 5 April 2017

OFF The Beaten Path

I finished a layout for a class at an upcoming crop here in Cold Lake at the end of April, so there will be no tutorial but i will put one up after the crop in May.  I really love how this turned out, so I am also going to enter for Mixed Media World Monthly Challenge- What's your Superpower.

My superpower is vintage/ grungy/ steampunk I love to combine all three of these into a layout.


'
The finished size 8" x 8" and has mountains of layers
1. old book pages
2. crackle paint
3. torn and inked pattern paper
4. chipboard clocks (sold on etsy store Boozybear)
5. rust paste
6. cheesecloth
7. printed paper butterfly
8. chipboard key (also on etsy store Boozybear)
9. chipboard butterfly
10. thread
11. clay brooch
12. lightbulb
13. title
14. spinners
15. thread spool

Whew are you exhausted??? lol


I love the little spool of thread made to look the tangle thread comes from here.


I used Finnabair rust paste and patina rust with clock chipboard to create a rusty old look.


I love the cheesecloth tucked into paper layers, I pulled at it to get frayed edges and colored with Colorarte Primary Elements.


The combination of Rust paste and patina paste is fantastic, all 6 together adds so much dimension.


Here you can see the crackle paint, I dried brushed with rust paste, really highlights the crackle.




Side view of layout and dimension from all those layers.

All the wonderful crackle again.  I am so happy with this layout!!!  Hopefully others are too and the class sells out.

I haven't taught a class in forever, and it really isn't my favorite thing but here i go.  Now i have need to kit classes and album kit, plus instructions it is really cutting into my creative time.  I love the creative side but the marketing side seriously sucks. But alas I do like the income- i can buy more art supplies lol.

 

5 comments:

  1. Love, love your style. Your work is always amazing. One of the best I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layout!! Thanks so much for playing at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your vintage/steampunk/grungy work is fabulous. Thank you for taking part in this months Mixed Media Monthly Challenge. Hugs Clare DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete