home

Wednesday 21 September 2016

13 Arts Challenge- STEAMPUNK!!

That's right folks my favorite- Steampunk Challenge at 13 arts  Here is my take

LOvE this layout.  It was one of those scrapping moments, I tried the background 2 times then the 3rd time BANg it all worked.  Once i got the background the rest was easy.

















I started with a pattern paper, that i painted with white gesso.  I like gesso over acrylic paint because it has a transparent effect which is what i was going for.  Next I used gel medium to adhere some old music paper, and tissue paper.  Once all that was dry i applied modeling paste through harlequin stencil.

Allow to dry.













Next i applied black gesso through a numbers/ industrial like stencil. Allow to dry.  Next apply color with Lindy's spray- treasure island, jazzy jivin purple, and van dyke sepia. First i spray some water onto the layout then add color with a paint brush, I like to add color puddles then move them around with the brush. By adding water before the color there are no harsh edges and can move the color around easier.  I don't spray on the color because i can't control where it goes. I also like to add a little splatter by tapping the brush loaded with color spray.











Close up of color puddling with a little splatter.  I like to add the color around harlequin texture.





















Next the photo cluster, instead of matting the photo I wanted a more organic cluster.  I cut out butterfly wings and created a chipboard cluster with gears, and rib cage lightbulb.  I really love how this turned out, it was a little flat until I added texture cut from pattern paper and silhouette that tucked into and behind butterfly wings and photo.








I glued all the chipboard together then painted it using alchemy paints. I wanted to have an ombre effect. The alchemy paint worked fantastic gives them a metallic finish which i think is more steampunky.

















Close up of paint job.

Now for a few of my favorite spots.






















2 comments:

  1. Fabulous!! Thank you for joining us over at 13@rts for our challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

  2. Beautiful layout, I love all the details!! Thank you for joining us over at 13@rts for our challenge

    ReplyDelete