home

Sunday 19 March 2017

Butterfly Kisses

I am working on layouts for a family album to for a family reunion this summer here is number 2.  I am killing 4 birds with one stone, family album, use some chipboard to promote my etsy store, page kit to sell at a scrapbook store and finally More than Words challenge!  Whew that's a lot of pressure.

Here is the mood board.  Beautiful and butterfly to be included.



Started with pattern paper added a light coat of white gesso, cut paper panels, tore some edges of paper panel then punch with some random holes.  Layer paper panels onto page, add distressing around outside edges with gelatos- used orcal, rust, and brown.  Add texture with modeling paste and stencil.

I added a light coat of clear gesso on entire page over top paper layers and texture. The color soaks to quickly into paper the gesso gives more time to move color around.  Add some color- Lindy's Maidenhead Fern Green, and Kissin Kenickie Coral. Using a paintbrush splatter on color then spritz with water move around with a heat gun.

Paint stencil texture with brown paint, add some stamping.

Punch 1" circles and ink edges, glue onto page.  I added nests of white thread underneath circles along bottom of page beside butterfly.


Sew on circles then around and around some.  I love sewing around and around and around in funky ass circles.


Paint chipboard pieces with alchemy paints- rose opal, rusty red, and blue gold opal in an ombre effect.  I used chipboard pieces from my etsy store BoozyBear
Zippy Butterflies
Harlequin
Wallpaper texture
Scroll Flourish

Splatter with white acrylic paint, I water it down so it splatters easier.

I find when I work on a layout I hate it, I rarely work on a project I like but once I see the pictures I like again. This is very frustrating!!!  Most of the time I like sections but not as a whole- anyone else creative go through this process?

Not sure who this couple is I will need to check with my mom but it is a great aunt and uncle.  I love old pics so much style.








6 comments:

  1. Oh wow - this is truly gorgeous! I adore your circular elements. So glad you could join us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful layout with such great detail & textures. LOVE it. Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your technique with gelatos wow this is incredibly beautiful! Thank you for joining at More than words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous!! Loved watching the process unfold! Beautiful heritage page! All the best from MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is truly beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work !! The background is absolutely beautiful !! Thank you for playing at More Than Words :)

    ReplyDelete