home

Tuesday 28 March 2017

Be Bold

Here is the mood board over at Mixed Media Place

Amazing right!!!


I started with a plain vanilla piece of cardstock, laid a floral stencil over top.  Sprinkle Lindy's magical autumn maple crimson then spray with water. Doesn't that look amazing, the mixture of color pinks, yellows, blue and purples.  Dry


Next I drew on brick all sketchy like.



Next i sprinkle on Stampendous shabby white embossing enamel and heat set from the bottom, this is where the gold sparkle comes from.  I also added more texture with alchemy deep water and sponged through a stencil.  I folded the floral paper to look like corrugated cardboard, this one is a kit so I folded a lot of paper it takes patience and time.  Ink edges and layer on paper panel along with photo.


Next add some blue with Lindy's Danny Zuko's Demin splatter on with nozzle and spritz with water to move color around.  Splatter entire layout (cover photos) with alchemy wild fushia and emerald.


Add cardstock texture bits and film frame around photos.  I painted dream catcher available at my etsy store BoozyBear with alchemy emerald, wild fushia, deep waters, and black berry.  This is a new piece I just designed this weekend and love how it turned out and the metallic paint makes it look amazing.  Yes I am bragging.


Finally I painted the backs of pebbles with alchemy emerald and wild fushia let it completely dry.  Glued them onto layout as anchors for journaling, outline pebbles and journaling with black charcoal.  Wrap wire in circles glue around outside of pebbles. Add rub ons randomly around layout then splatter entire layout with white acrylic paint.


The close ups, I really love how this layout turned out- definitely bright and bold!!


Love how the pebbles look with painted back.  As always a favorite spot close up.



A close up of the detail on the dream catcher.


Here you can all those wonderful colors created by Lindy's magical- autumn maple crimson


I didn't rub off the entire rub ons instead purposely made it look old and worn.

Right now I am listening to Lilac Girls about 3 women during WWII- it is heart wrenching and haunting but so well written it is an a fabulous book. I recommend it is a definite must read.  That is what I do when i create either listen to a book or listen Netflix.

chow.





3 comments:

  1. must try some of these elements - its fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really cool! Especially the dream-catcher! Thank you for joining us at Mixed Media Place challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, thank you for joining us at MMP xx

    ReplyDelete