home

Saturday 30 August 2014

Right now @ this moment

Another challenge completed, Once Upon A... Sketch (blog) supplies a sketch and journal challenge.  This month journal challenge was the men in our lives, and sketch.

















And here we go...

I started with a blank vanilla piece of cardstock, added modeling paste with diamond and words stenncils.  Allow to dry.














Used Prima Marketing Color Blooms, to add color.  I sprayed on the color, spritz with some water then move the paper around to allow for drips.  Heat set.















The final background, inked the raised modeling paste and vintage photo distress ink and along the page edges.  Finished the edges with walnut distress ink for darker edges.













 close up of raised background.
















glue down the base of page design.  Used my go to love- chipboard.  Used chipboard polaroid frames, chain link frame and @ symbol. (thats an old embellishment found in my stash and then painted black with distress paint.)








add journalling in the form of doddling, added a frame around with brads in corners.











added metal embellishments around picture and frame.
















The Final!!!
I like how this one turned out, wasn't sure about the journalling boxes but I think it adds a little egde otherwise I think the layout would be a little too soft looking, a little too girly.







Next to come....






2 comments:

  1. I really like the boxes, too - I think they add that individual element, too....& it's the STORY!! LOOOVe the big @...what a find in your stash & of course, the bg rocks:):) Thanks so much for sharing with us at OUAS this month!!! And if you haven’t already done so, you can link this to our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page for a chance at our special FB prize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your journaling on this layout and your colors look great! Thanks for joining us at OUAS this month!

    ReplyDelete