home

Friday 8 August 2014

Compendium of Curiosities, Challenge 8- faded layers

So here we are, i have returned from holidays- i always think i like camping, and i do for the first 3-4 days then i am done and so it my family.  Since returning i have done laundry, cleaned out the camper, went through my sons rooms and took out 2 bags of garbage and 3 bags for goodwill, then finally i got to sit down and work.  My first challenge to attempt is Compendium of Curiosities Challenge 8.  This one is using technique from page 58- faded layers.


 I started with some hibicus chipboard flowers, all the chipboard i used in this challenge are my own designs i created in corel draw and customed ordered.  I have gotten myself a laser engraver to make my owe and sell on my etsy store, but right now its still in the box. I painted them with distress paint, white, festive berries and scattered straw.
 once painted i allow to dry, distress paint works perfectly it covers great but it isn't thick so it sinks into engraved lines of chipboard

once it has fully dried, i lightly sand to remove some paint and expose chipboard, then ink with walnut distress ink.  I ink all over, the distress ink settles in all the scratches lines from sanding.
 once inked, i wipe off excess distress ink that sits on top of  the distress paint.  The final look is detailed and super vintage.

I also painted chipboard leaf, seashells, and bottle.

this chipboard is what i have named "layering chipboard" I have designed them to have several pieces that are layered together for a more dimensional and detailed look.  I painted the bottle chipboard the same as the hibicus flower.  I rolled up a scrap piece of paper and glued into bottle, added patina stickles in bottom of bottle.

 I followed the instructions from page 58 to created the faded layers, then glued onto tag.















The final look- layered together chipboard, added a beach sign, rub ons, epoxy bubbles that i doddled around, finally a metal labelled attached with rolled washi tape onto screw like hinges.  OOPS i missed that i added patina stickles onto the bottom of tag and spread around to add glitter bling.
















 the close ups!








4 comments:

  1. Glenda...WOW! This is such a pretty tag. I love your hibiscus! They are gorgeous! I also love your faded layers background with the bubble stencil. The colors are perfect for a water themed tag. The dimensional bubbles you've created add so much as does the black doodling. This is a very cute tag! Thanks for sharing with us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUSNESS indeedily.. love your hibiscus, they look tremendous.... Thanks for playing along with the CC3 Challenge and hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous details! You did a great job with this technique, and the bubble stencil was perfect for your theme. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great design on this! love your hibiscus and bottle - and the wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete