home

Sunday 13 December 2015

D-I-E-C-U-T-S

This month's challenge over at Scrap Your Stash is create a layout and include an item from your stash for each letter in the word D-I-E-C-U-T-S, here is my take

D- Doddling
I- Ink
E- Embossing Enamel
C- Chipboard
U- Uniball Pen
T- Thread
S- Stencil

This was one of those layouts that
wasn't smooth sailing but i think the end result worked out.  I kind of such kept adding, color sprays, chipboard, stencils metal etc...  More more sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.  I really like how the brick turned out I think that is my favorite part.






 I started with a blank sheet of ivory cardstock.  added ink along the edges using distress ink pad.  I rubbed the ink pad right onto the cardstock along the edges spray with water heat to dry.  Add more color I used a combination of the same and different ink- peacock feathers, crushed olive, pistachio.  I kept working until i got what i like.














I inked the edges of the paper with walnut distress ink, next i added flowers with a stencil and red barn door distress ink.
















Next i added bricks with vintage distress ink and stencil.  I highlighted the brick by sewing around outline with black floss.  Next i highlighted the flowers on the left by doodling around with a white uniball.














Now i added photos and layered chipboard.  Here is where i had no idea what to do next which normally i would just work on the next day.  But this was a commission and it needed to be finished the next day.  So i carried on, didn't wait for the glue to dry.  I painted with white gesso, then sprayed with a combination of dylusions inks.  Blue, greens and yellows.











I really like how the dylusion sprays blurred they distress ink and blended everything together.  I added rub ons, metal and embossing enamel.  I like how the finished layout looks like a brick building with graffiti.

This is the first time i have done a layout with a word challenge.  I quite enjoyed it.












9 comments:

  1. Hi this is beautiful, your background is amazing. thank you for entering our challenge here at SCRAP OUR STASH x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layout!!! The background looks absolutely stunning! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap our Stash this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo cool!! Love the step by step process photos - and that BRICK is just AWESOME! You also used "Dylusion" Sprays for you "D" too!! I hope you have FUN with our word challenge and THANKS for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic page design. Love the mixed media, details, and stash used. Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really admire your work. This is a kind of scrapbooking I can't even begone to do. Really great effects! Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I can't believe you created your own background. I love the variety of designs and colors you used. It is simply stunning. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think its pretty awesome-love the mm and those bricks are very cool! Kat (SOS)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning. Awesome mixed media technique. Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic background work and layout! Wonderful selection of stash items used to complete the challenge! Thank you for playing along with Scrap Our Stash! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete