home

Saturday 19 July 2014

BLISS- CSI file No. 131

I just completed another challenge this time for CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration blog, case file no#131.  http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com/ 
As soon as i saw this color palette i knew what pictures i wanted to use.

 
Here is the final layout!

I used distress paint, distress ink, modeling paste, mister huey spray, stencils, chipboard, twine, and brads to create my final project.













I started with adding titles with modeling paste, pattern paper cut into tags, and washi tape.  I layered these elements down onto the base page... then the fun started.














I sprayed the words with mister huey color spray, once dried i used star stencil and gathered twigs distress ink and added stars along the edge and in words.














I also used burlap and dot stencil with rusty hinge and peacock distress ink along opposite edge.  I re-positioned the stencil several times to cover more area.  Using different stencils and colors of distress ink adds more layers and I LOVE LAYERS.













Final step in creating the background was to mix black distress paint with modeling paste then spread on speckle stencil to add highlights of black on top.  I also painted words with black distress paint.  

Background completed next... add pictures and embellishments.










i painted chevron chipboard with rusty hinge and peacock distress ink.  Added around photo and in corners.










added the story and secured with brads, because i don't think a layout is finished without metal.  I also added twine to tags, i held up the twine and let it fall where everywhere then glued it in place.








I am pretty happy with the final layout, i think it showcases my boy perfectly.  He LOVES his rubber boots and loves when he has a reason to wear them!  This year he got a pair for Christmas and wore them inside for two days, not this pair those were already wet.  He needs at least 3 pairs, then he will have a dry pair to wear. (usually)

Happy scrapping, now to find my next challenge.










No comments:

Post a Comment