home

Sunday 23 May 2021

Rusty Bird House

Treasured Memories asked me to come up with a kit for Finnabair Rusty bird House,

So continuing with my fascination with tiny houses here is my take.


I made a turret on top, complete with window, flat roof and rounded shakers.  I recently re-discovered my bendy straws so I added a steampunk edge with piping and gears.
The cut outs are Mintay paper elements, fuzzy cut and inked.


I kept two sides simple (because i love simple) then two sides busy for those that believe more is better.  This is also my favorite blue- Tiffany blue as i like to call it.

The straws are painted with black gesso, then Art Academy metallic Steampunk Copper.  You can still scrape off the paint but unless you make a effort to remove paint you will good.


Layer on the gears and cut outs to make clusters on two sides.  I used the smaller gears to hold pipes in place,  this needed to dry overnight.


The Close Ups- Happy Victoria Long Weekend!  Enjoy the sunshine (finally we had snow this week)

Chipboard is available on the etsy store

No comments:

Post a Comment