home

Monday 17 February 2020

Say Yes to New Adventures

Hey all, so i usually create classes or kits but today i just created.  I have missed just creating! No worrying if i have enough for one class, if there are too many steps etc...  So I saw the Stamperia sea world mould with an octopus and scruba helmet and thought i can do that.  So here we are

I used my chipboard helmet from octopus piece then drew legs onto watercolor paper.  I painted legs with watercolor paint and distress oxide ink, drew in details with black pen.  Love how these turned out.


The key to watercolor i have discovered is you need to be patience thin wash of color, dry, thin wash of color until you get the depth you want and shading.
I used ground espresso, wild honey,and  pumice stone disatress oxide ink and orange watercolor paint.


Painted the helmet with bronze and gold acrylic paint, antiqued with brown acrylic paint then added some rust with red oxide paint.  I glued black cardstock behind the helmet then filled the center with glossy accents so it looks like glass.



Made plumbing with pipes chipboard, painted gold, antiqued with brown acrylic paint then added patina with red oxide and Jade impasto paint.  Also love the legs.


The background was created with Lindys' tainted teal, maidenhair fern green on watercolor paper.  I inked the edges then added water spots, rub ons. I think the fish is one of my favorite things- i cut out from some old paper inked edges and covered with glossy accents.


Embossed the border frames with Lindys midnight teal.  Painted black chipboard pieces (just some random pieces in my stash) gold acrylic paint and left some plain.  I used pop dots and chipboard for depth.

I have taken the week off to create hopefully it is a fruitful week.
g

No comments:

Post a Comment