home

Sunday 16 September 2018

Mixed Media & Art- Journey

This month at Mixed Media & Art the moodboard is
This is right up my alley.  Here is my creation.

















Gone back to my steampunk roots.  A tag trio.  Metallic Alchemy Paint, embossing enamel. rust paste, chipboard, modeling paste, and metals. 

I think this is my favorite with the 3-D spectables, I used clear plastic, then colored with alcohol inks.


Underneath clock pocket watch, I layered gears and painted them with rust paste.  This one has my favorite background.


Start by scoring background paper.  Add brads along score lines, not all just some.



Paint entire tag brown, dry.  Mix white pearl and mermaid teal alchemy paint together, paint tag with several coats.


Rub some umber acrylic paint on tag, let it sit for awhile still it is tacky.  Now wipe off brown paint, not all of it leave some around brads, along edges, and along score lines.  Looks tarnished now.


Add some red oxide paint in some random spots.  Now tarnished and rusted.


A lightening bug, the wings are printed on transparent paper, then I cut out and glued on the body of lightening bug.


Harlequin pattern on the background, because I love harlequin.  The wings are the chipboard with three layers so they have lots of dimension.



4 comments:

  1. Stunning! Very interesting and unusual.
    Thank you for playing with us at MMA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impresionante!!!
    Gran trabajo. Me encanta su colorido y los steampunk.
    Gracias por el paso a paso.
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a fantastically creative make! I can’t take my eyes of it! Exceptionally odd and wonderful. Steampunk at its prime! Thank you for joining us at MMA! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW! This is absolutely amazing! Thank you for joining us at MM&A blog and hope to see more of your work this month ;)

    ReplyDelete