home

Wednesday 14 February 2018

Mid Month Inspiration

Here is some mid month inspiration for Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.  So February is all about LOVE here is the mood board
LOVe, hearts, pink and reds


So not pink, red or with hearts instead my LOVE, my son Alex

Made rusty bolts with chipboard nuts and bolts on my etsy store Boozybear, layer the bolts all together.  Paint bolts with finnabair rust paste, really love how these turned out.

The background was created with lindy's sprays, layered on top is white embossed Tangle Envy Chipboard.  It gave it a look like stain glass windows.


It's hard to see but i filled in some of the rectangle shapes with glossy accents- makes it a shiny epoxy section.  The lindy's underneath kind of blend together more.


I used dark blue, turquoise and yellow lindy's, thought i did good yellow is outside of my comfort zone.  I love how Lindy's add color and shimmer but you can still see the paper pattern underneath.



In between the paper layers, and photos I added a bunch of cogs and gears, and a skeleton clock then painted them with rust paste.


I really love how this turned out, steampunk but still bright and colorful, it does my rosy cheeks boy justice.

*** Boozybear has a Valentine Sale happening til March 31.


15% off your entire order on order $15 or more.  Shop away!!






3 comments:

  1. Everything you touch turns into something I just love! Those colors and those rusted bolts just melt my heart! Brilliant design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunning page! I love the rusty bits and pieces you added to the project. You did a fabulous job with colors and the composition. Thank you so much for sharing your project.

    ReplyDelete