home

Monday 31 July 2017

Challenge #39

My second project for Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #39
here is the mood board


Here is just one stamp from this month's sponsor IndigoBlu, I wasn't smart enough to take a picture of the other stamp before i threw out the packaging.  They have some really cool stuff including steampunk and eyes two of my favorite things.


Here is my creation, a old nancy drew book with a twist. This project came together really quick, I stamped with black archival ink onto water color paper then colored with my water soluble pastels.   I really love how i didn't cut out the Nancy Drew Mystery Stories words and I like how the book cover and the garden colors compliment each other.  Seriously the hardest part was cutting out the center of the book.



I started with my base, a garden house door.


Put the door image as the back then fuzzy cut butterflies and plants from water color paper color and ink edges.  The book pages works great to add dimension, just tuck your embellishment in between the pages and glue.


Using the book pages allows you to have all paper elements on different levels to create foreground and background with everything in between.  As you can see i did a rough fuzzy cut but it works.

Get on your thinking caps and join us at Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #39

7 comments:

  1. I love working with books - great project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cover for your Nancy Drew Stories. Love the idea!
    Maja.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great idea, and such a different look from what I'm used to seeing you do. This came together so well, and is an inspiring project! Not sure I would be able to cut into a Nancy Drew, though! Tee Hee! Hugs! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful scene on a book. you are very innovative glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Super clever idea! As a librarian, you know I love this project! I have some Nancy Drew books from when I was a kid. Loved them...I'd have to cut someone's else's copy though. LOL. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's awesome, another wonderful fairy dwelling! I love everything about this one, great use of the stamps and a beautiful piece of art Karen

    ReplyDelete