home

Saturday 26 November 2016

Winter Sun Beam

Today i took inspiration from 13 Arts November Mood Board

Looks very frosty.























Here is my take, I wanted it look like a sunburst reflecting off the snow. Then i came up with an idea to apply the starburst onto all layers, then take layers apart distress and ink, add texture and put it all back together again.  The starburst is still there but not as stark.
















I layered together all the paper block, and held with washi tape on the back.  Mix white acrylic paint with modeling paste, I like to mix with white acrylic so its white white.  Apply through a starburst stencil.  Dry



















Next lightly paint starburst with a metallic champagne color.  Water down white acrylic paint and splatter onto page next gold paint.  I mixed Memory Hardware Artisan Powder Antoinette pink with water and splatter onto page.  Dry











Outline the starburst with black marker.




















Here i have taken everything apart. I distress and ink paper block.


















Here i have started to put everything back together.

















Here it is all together again plus i have added banner and edges that have been distressed and inked.






















I added some pre cut texture bits between layers.  Again i mixed Antoinette Pink Artisan Powder with water and painted the texture.
You can see how the banners and texture bits break up the starburst but the starburst is still visible.












I layered together Birch Trees and Rickety Fence.  I used stampendous gold embossing enamel on the fence, heat set.  Then i painted the whole cluster with alchemy paint- metallic copper, opal rose.  Added the "snow", white acrylic paint.



















Some close ups of all the layers and texture.  Look at all the dimension.  Now i am off to cool my hand off with ice, I grabbed a pan that was in the oven without a towel.  What the hell was i thinking. I managed to do a real number on my hand, hopefully tomorrow it feels better.  I wanted to work on another page tonight but the hand wins.





























Here is a picture of my dog Finn- how can this be comfortable. LOL

3 comments:

  1. Wow great technique with the layers x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea with stencil and very atmospheric layout! Thank you for joining us at 13 arts:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful LO! Thanks for joining us at 13 arts!

    ReplyDelete