home

Friday 3 June 2016

Find your Style

Over at Anything But Cute the challenge is showcase your style.  Now if you are like me and have been scrapbooking awhile your style has evolved and is every changing.  There are few things about my style that don't change, chipboard  always use chipboard, texture I love texture lots and lots of texture and finally rarely use flowers not a big fan of flowers, I will fuzzy cut paper flowers but not a fan of dimensional flowers.  Lots of my album and pages have an industrial, steampunk look but lately i have been experimenting with layers lots and lots of layers, and creating backgrounds or mixed media.  So here is my latest very shabby chic style

Lots of layers and lots of dimension, and texture, in soft colors.





















I started with blank vanilla sheet of cardstock, punched the edges with a border punch, and ripped it up a bit.

I added some texture with stencils, the pink checker is gelatos mixed with water applied with a sponge.  Next i added harlequin texture with two distress ink, vintage photo, and tea dye.









Added more texture by mixing teal gelatos with water and splattering.  Next i added some text and shapes with walnut distress ink.















Final step for the background was adding some stamping with black and teal archival ink.  At this point I kind of wanted to not add anything else i was so happy with background.  But that's happens i spent all this time creating the background so i can cover it up.  I tell myself its worth it plus is fun.













For this project i used brick, vines and postcard chipboard.  I mixed mini stones with crackle paste and applied to chipboard with a palette knife.  I painted with a combination of alchemy paint.










Here is a few of the layering components i used. Some are printed ephemera that is fuzzy cut out; I really enjoy fuzzy cutting, I know its weird but i find it very relaxing.  The other components are cut with the silhouette and pattern paper.










 I started layering my components together.  I like to layer the pieces together first then tuck in my paper and chipboard texture elements.  I also don't glue edges done, just in the center so edges still curve, gives the layout some movement.  (thats what i think anyways)














Here are some close ups.























I added some thread and splattered the layout with watered down white acrylic paint.
Corner cluster

















Keep on keeping on


Followers- 42














1 comment:

  1. Oh, my, Glenda! I could sit and stare at this for hours! I love your gorgeous background, but oh, those textured layers just steal the show! I am squealing with delight over those birdies in their nest and I love how you have finished your chippies! Well done and thank you for Celebrating Your Style with us at Anything But Cute. Hugs Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete