home

Sunday 15 May 2016

Glam Grunge

This was the perfect challenge for me Grunge and glam check it out at Mixed Media Love  LOVE grunge, LOVE shiny glimmer shimmer.  Here is my take.  Super happy with it

So many things i am loving, tissue paper, chipboard, rust paste, copper micro beads, distress embossing
powder, alchemy paints, industrial stencil, and harlequin texture.



















I started by covering mixed media paper with pattern paper, ripped up some tissue paper, ephemera card and adhered with gel medium.  Next i swiped on some gesso with a palette knife.  I allowed it to dry a little then wiped off some. I sewed around the outside.














Roughed up the edges with a distressing tool and distress ink.  Added some washi tape in the top right and bottom left corners.  Added color and shimmer with Prima Blooms, turquoise and blue. Dry
















I took some Lindy's gold spray and flicked it on top of the blue shimmer spray.  Dry.
Added some great industrial numbers and arrows with a stencil, applied the black paint with a sponge.  I used the paint like a versa mark and sprinkled on distress embossing powder- black.













Added some texture with a harlequin stencil,  I mixed alchemy blue/gold opal paint with modeling paste.  The paint lost some of shimmer when i mixed with modeling paste so I painted over the harlequin with the alchemy paint.  Added some copper micro beads mixed with gel medium and randomly applied around harlequin texture.













Next i added a bunch of chipboard gears then painted them walnut distress paint.  Next rust up those gears with rust paste by Prima LOVE this stuff, dries matt and is super gritty.
















Final touches were to paint honeycomb chipboard with black distress paint.  I bunched up a hand full of cream thread and layered between cogs and chicken wire.


 I painted the singing the rain man with white acrylic paint, stamped with black ink and several textural stamps.  Grunged it more with art deco antiquing cream.  Finished with some banners.

Enjoy!


8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work! Love your fabulous layering X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous grunge! I love all the elements and especially the effect you got with the rust paste! Need to check that out! Thank you for outlining your steps! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow! I love every stage of your fantastic project, Glenda! Grunge at its very best! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. This is art. Gorgeous project. I love it. Thank you for joining us at MMW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, fabulous project in all phases!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! Thank you for joining our challenge at MMW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I'm super happy with this too! This is AWESOME! Add some rust I'm all the way there with you! :)
    Thank you for sharing it with us at MMW! Come and join our new FB group! More fun going on there! Hugs, Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete