I found a challenge section on Prima Marketing blog while i was looking for inspiration, and i though HELL YAH. here is the sketch
So this is where i started from...
and this is where i ended up. I always find i start with a sketch and good intentions to make it look like the sketch but then the page takes on a life of its own.
This month i have been all about creating backgrounds, which i love to do but it is like a catch 22. I spent so much time on the background then half of it end covered up. But like they say its not about the destination but the journey.
First i sprayed vanilla cardstock with color blooms. After i spray the color blooms i also spray with water to blend and remove harsh edges.
Allow to dry
I added texture with clear embossing paste and cell stencil
allow to dry
ink around embossing paste with vintage distress ink, then doddle around cell texture. I love doddling!!!!
once background is done i start building my page.
I used some old prima flowers i had, sprayed them with color bloom then painted them with art ingredients mic powder. It worked perfectly, now i have flowers that match my page color scheme.
added some metal hardware, these are my all time favorite embellishments from prima marketing.... and they no longer make them. So everytime i run across a package i snap it up, like all of them in the store. I believe these were a Finnabair product the ones i really liked with the clock works, super tiny metal embellishments. I use to use them on every scrapbook project but now i am hoarding. The question with hoarding is how long to hold onto them.