home

Thursday 2 April 2015

Blue Fern Studios- April Challenge

This week i am over a Blue Fern Studios to participate in their monthly challenge.  This challenge is close to my heart since i design chipboard for them and 3 of the 5 chipboard pieces on my layout our my design.  This month challenge looks like this



















and i created this
i love everything about this page, it was just one of those scrapping moment when the page and my brain worked together.  This started as an idea, i knew chipboard was a must, i knew the picture i wanted to use, i knew i wanted to blend chipboard into background and i knew i wanted to do image transfers.

I started with a vanilla piece of cardstock, and image transferred pattern paper- the harlequin pattern and the bird nest.  Add color via prima color bloom sprays and distress ink.  Then i thought needs white!  I glued on the chipboard and painted over with white gesso, dry brushed around chipboard as well to get on page.  Now too white so i added a couple blue paint coats.  I used distress paint with lots of water so it would be transparent.

this is my favorite part!!!  The chipboard now white because of the gesso was too white, so i added muted color with the new metallic gelatos. I just brought this weekend and LOVE!  Once i colored chipboard with gelatos it blended in a little more than i wanted so i doddled around the outside.

I also LOVE the empty space i have on the layout never underestimate the importance of white space (otherwise know as empty space).  Not every corner needs to have something, in fact it will make your picture stand out more if you make it the focal point.  There's my rant, anyone who has every taken a class from me knows this rant.



I designed the steampunk goggles for BFS and i am so glad she decided to use the design.  Here i cut off the one side, painted black then toned down with those FAB metallic gelatos again.  I think the rub on eye ball with the goggles is my favorite part.  I finished with laying tags, metal and rub ons in clusters around the picture in the bottom right hand corner.

Chipboard used:
Lightbulbs
Circuitry
Goggles
Notebook Edges
Tattered Diamond Bits


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this funky page with us at Blue Fern Studios :-).
    Great job on that vanilla background and the treatment of all the different chipboard pieces.

    ReplyDelete