home

Monday 26 January 2015

Creative Weekend

I spent the weekend at a crop here in Cold Lake, and it was super productive.  I played with sprays, chipboard, stencils, molding paste, paint and more.  Here are some super fun tags

Chipboard, rub ons, dylusion spray, lindy embossing powder, prima mechanicals, butterfly stencil and distress paints.  This one i fought with and hated it til i added the rub ons then it all came together.
 I started with woodgrain stencil added studio calico huey mists in yellow and orange and with those colors it took on a halloween theme and i went with it. My favorite part was the purple gelatos around the outside edges- LOVE LOVE LOVE.  Another great add on is the chipboard cage light, one of my designs now available at Blue Fern Studios.  Little pat on back.
 This one was an experiment in finger painting.  First i applied the stencil with modeling paste then used spray to get the color in the leaves and poppies.  I liked that i got overspray in the other sections more of a messy look not paint by numbers.  I used acrylic paint and my fingers for coloring and shading.
Another one with my chipboard- again a little back pat.  I really like putting the chipboard modeling paste stencil then put gesso over the whole thing.  Then when i add color with spray and paint it colors the chipboard blends into the background adding another dimension.  Finished with adding embellishments and created more dimension!

No comments:

Post a Comment