Wednesday, 5 December 2012
Wish that this was my kid
WHAT I LOVE!!
1. all of these papers are Christmas Paper, by using side B i made layout that has nothing to do with Christmas and is a fall layout. Don't forget to look at your paper and think beyond what season it was made for.
2. the corrugated paper to minic the grainery in the background (feel i need to point out this is also my farm, my grainery and my old truck- alright my father-in-law but i do live out there too.) This is a 12" wide paper that i scored and folded to make corrugated- definitely a labour of love. The folding takes forever and my chubby sausage fingers don't make it any easier, plus you have to wrap your brain around inside or outside fold.
3. all the layering of paper- i work hard to distress and ink all those layers then i cover a good portion of it up but i love the look and it totally adds depth to the page
4. Embellishments, since i knew i was making for a shadow box i could add whatever i wanted and not worry about its height. When i create anything i always like to have - chipboard, metal, some kind of technquie- this one has perfect pearls, embossing powder, inking and dylusion spary.
5. dylusions spray- this was the first time i tried it and i have to say LOVED IT!!! i always use chipboard but when you try to color it due to the color chipboard the color tends to come out grayish, but this spray stays true to its color. Now i realize in the layout it doesn't look that bright but i also added distress embossing powder in places and inked with walnut distress ink to keep up the look of rustic.