Wednesday, 5 September 2012

steampunk dress form PART 2

here it is a day late... the dress form




i built the dress on a wire dress form i padded down with fibre fill first.  i used fabric to piece together a victorian style dress (used old curtains)  that i sewed directly onto the form.  added tulle on sleeve edges, and neckline then underneath.  to stemapunk it up i covered chipboard with pattern paper (graphic 45) and hot glued onto dress to create a boned corset, added metal brads for studs.  for the gathered front used one inch double thick pattern paper and metal latch.




created wings and clock for back and again used one inch pattern paper double thick attached to shoulder seam with latch to look like wings are strapped on.  The wings are made from chipboard, a design i created in corel draw then printed off to make patterns (i do this alot when i can't find the shape i am looking for then i can print to the size of pattern i need)

CLOSE UP

the wings are one of my favorite things i folded the paper in a pleat pattern using a scor pal then stapled together at the top, then fanned out to get the texture to the wings rather than flat chipboard, again added brads for studs.  The large clock is a studio 490 art parts chipboard shape, covered both the outside and inside with pattern paper.  The outside skelton clock is chipboard from dusty attic that i embossed with silver embossing enamel from stampendous.  Also embossed gears and rails and covered remaining gears with stickles.  Finished with metal gears and spinners.

HOPE YOU LOVE AS MUCH AS I LOVED CREATING

No comments:

Post a Comment