Sunday, 21 September 2014

Sketchabilities Challenge

Love this Sketch, but not 100% percentage in love with my final project, not searching for a compliment just stating a fact.  Not sure what i not liking.... just something.

here is the sketch check out the their blog at
http://sketchabilities.blogspot.ca/

















 i started with a piece of basecoat paper from Kaiser craft, then i added texture and color with molding paste and distress ink.  Next i sprayed with perfect pearl mist biscotti.  I added another challenge to the sketch so i decided to use a monochromatic color scheme- all browns













Continue building the background with adding texture and bling with sequins and distress ink.  I added glue n seal in patches and scattered on the sequins and distress embossing powder. Of course brown.
next i painted hexagon chipboard outline with walnut distress paint, glued in place.  I mixed together perfect pearl cappucino with water and painted the hexagons.  I used pop dots to adhere so their all at different heights.  more brown.  I did break the brown rule by adding doddling around hexagon outline with white gel pen.












 the final, added chipboard view finders, tags, polaroid frame, and of course my kid looking like a punk.















the close ups- my favorite part the filmstrip attached onto the buckle.

Now a quick rant.  I have purchased a laser engraving so i can cut my own chipboard, i got all the laser lined up but it still won't cut.  Problem i am really not computer techy enough.  Does anyone have ideas???  Its a cheap Chinese import and the software sucks not sure if that's the problem.  HELP.




Sunday, 7 September 2014

Compendium of Curiosities 3, Challenge 10

here it is challenge 10, just out Studio L3 blog- assemblage clock on page 33 of Compendium of Curiosities Volume 3.  This is my final product, not what i have pictured when i first started this project.  Usually i lend to grungy and masculine, but this turned out to be feminine and soft.

I created a tree with wire that i twisted up for a trunk and bend into branches and roots.  I positioned the tree along the side and bent over and formed the branches into the curve of the clock.
Along the bottom i hide the construction with shaved ice fragments from stampendous, also added small blossoms along bottom.
I ran glue along the branches and covered them with shaved ice as well.










the close up, for the background i used rays layering stencil and color bloom spray- peony.  I added accent glimmer of perfect pearl biscotti spray.  I highlighted the rays with vintage photo distress ink and applied it with a water pen.














I painted the outside of the clock with patina ink- layers and layers of quartz and marine.


I am still not sure if i like the final project but here it is, enjoy!

Wednesday, 3 September 2014

I can see the...laughter

Have you every had that perfect night of scrapping where everything just flows.. that was this layout.  It all started with a sketch from Sketchabilities #122 (blog), as always i like to build a background, lately i have been using a blank piece of vanilla cardstock.
i added harlequin pattern with modeling paste, i re-positioned a 6"x6" stencil several times to cover 2/3 of the page.
 i added color with Prima color blooms and mixed with some water to make drips.  set dry
added some random white gel pen doodling around raised harlequin pattern.











i placed the picture where i planned to glue down, and added some rub ons around photo.  I purposely left off some of the rub ons for a more distressed look.














i added some embossing enamel (aged taupe) in clusters by the rub ons, and heat set the enamel from the bottom so i didn't have to use versa mark.
Once i had heated, i added some glue n seal on top of heated enamel then sprinkled with the same embossing enamel.  Once dry clutters are shiny and textured.






Next!, added some ink.  Used vintage photo distress ink and a blending tool to add streaks of colors over pattern.  I have never tried this before but it is something i will be doing again.  love the final look.













one more step believe it or not, i added detailing over harlequin with hand stitching.  Again i only added the thread detailing in 3 clusters.














the final background.  It turned out so good almost wanted to frame it as is, but the show must go on.















i painted two pack of chipboard gears and rails & wheels with peacock feathers distress paint, allow to dry, sanded and inked with vintage photo distress ink.  I wanted to add some glitz but not hide the color, so next i sprayed with biscotti perfect pearl mist.













I layered the gears, rails and wheels framing the photo, added a few metal gears along the bottom of photo.  Then added a cluster of brads in the top and bottom corners.










Finally the title.  I absolutely love this photo, it is so natural, all of them smiling and laughing, and i love how this layout turned out.  Its not a great picture of the final but my camera is not cooperating.

Enjoy!